Orange County Art Commission
200 S. Cameron Street, Hillsborough, NC 27278
“Promoting and strengthening the artistic and cultural development of Orange County, North Carolina”
Orange County Arts Commission Director
Hillsborough Arts Council
102 N Churton St, Hillsborough, NC 27278
The Hillsborough Arts Council has been active in developing and supporting the arts locally for more than 30 years. In spring and summer on the last Friday of each month the town square comes alive with music, vendors and an Art Walk visiting downtown galleries, while sidewalk cafes provide food and drink to complement the festivities. Fall brings the annual Handmade Parade that rivals Macy’s, but with giant puppets created by the participants – some even on stilts- who take over Churton Street for the march and convene with observers to celebrate at the Burwell School, a local historic site. To brighten the winter months, the Arts Council presents Parlor Concerts, musical presentations that take place in some of the town’s historic homes.
The mission of the Hillsborough Arts Council is to enrich our community through the arts.
- Engaging diverse audiences in arts events and educational programs
- Fostering recognition and appreciation of the arts
- Providing avenues to artists, arts organizations and audiences for connecting with one another
Co-owner and sculptor
Neil and Barbara Stutzer
Earth Water & Fire Studio
Chapel Hill/ Carrboro, NC
Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership
308 W Rosemary St, Chapel Hill, NC 27516
“Our Downtown launches entrepreneurial ventures, supports a thriving arts & cultural community, boasts world-renowned dining, and serves as the gathering spot for young and old; all while preserving and enhancing our community’s unique character.”
Mayor Office Town of Carrboro
301 W Main St, Carrboro, NC 27510
Mayor Lydia Lavelle
“As mayor, I am working to promote the values and ideals that have helped Carrboro become one of the most progressive and forward thinking communities in North Carolina.”
Parks and Recreation
Public and Cultural Arts Office
Town of Chapel Hill, NC
Cultural Arts Division of the Town of Chapel Hill Parks & Recreation Department
Chapel Hill/Orange County Visitors Bureau
501 West Franklin Street
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
Durham Arts Council, Inc.
120 Morris Street
Durham, NC 27701
919 560 2787
“We are a private nonprofit dedicated to supporting the arts in Durham and the Triangle Region in North Carolina.”
Durham Arts Council “supports the arts”:
- We help professional and amateur artists and arts organizations produce music, theatre, dance, visual, media and literary art.
- We help residents and visitors find, enjoy and participate in the artistic and cultural events available in the community.
- We manage the Durham Arts Council Building, a city owned, multi-purpose community arts center in downtown Durham, North Carolina.
- We operate The Clay Studio, a studio facility located at Northgate Mall (1058 W. Club Blvd Space 836) — just a few minutes from our main facility.
- We program classes in the performing, literary and visual arts for toddlers through seniors. Some of these classes are held off-site in private studios.
- We work with public and private schools to provide artist residencies designed for the classroom.
- We raise public and private funds to support the arts in the community.
- We provide grants, information and networking for artists and arts groups.
- We provide exhibit space for visual artists.
- We produce CenterFest, Durham’s annual street arts festival, the third weekend of September.
Through This Lens
Laura Ritchie Co-founder, Director
El Centro Hispano
2000 Chapel Hill Rd 27707
El Centro Hispano works to strengthen the community, build bridges and advocate for equity and inclusion for Hispanics/Latinos in the Triangle Area of North Carolina.
Downtown Raleigh Alliance
333 Fayetteville St, Raleigh, NC 27601
Director of Business Development
President & CEO
The VAE (Visual Art Exchange)
Director of Exhibitions
The Light House Project – Reclaiming the Muslim American Narrative